Friday, June 19, 2009

I Need a Man

I apparently, need a man. I’m sorry, give me a minute, I think I just threw up a little in my mouth. For the past 27 years there have been quite a few men that have come and gone in my life. Mainly gone, none really stuck around for an extended period of time for whatever various reason, my father (work-he was a truck driver), boyfriends/friends(died, gotten married, got broken up with, or broke up with me) and my husband (problems with monogamy) just to name a few. So as to be expected, I’ve gotten used to not having anyone around, namely man to rely on. And for the most part it’s not been a very big deal, I hardly notice their absence, most are crap anyways and I can usually just do most everything easier myself, and I do mean EVERYTHING. However, today I really could have used a man. I took my car to have the oil changed and get my tire plugged. Unfortunately this is not what happened. What happened was I wound up panicking and spending waaaayyy to much money on a tire when now I know I didn’t need to. And honestly, I really think if I showed up with a boyfriend/significant other like all the other women in the shop, I think things would have turned out much more differently. I have only myself to blame. I am not using the absence of a man in my life as an excuse for my blatant ignorance. This just means that now I need to add tire information to my massive list of things “Shannon needs to know”, right under oil changes (which I can do myself thank you, but it’s to fucking cold out to climb under my car), how to change a tire (check, though I most definitely need at the very least an assistant to do this because my spare tire is in a carriage underneath my car) catalytic converters ( don’t ask why I know about this, but there not as complicated as you would think) and what to do when you run over a ladder in the dead of night on Rt. 29.…ahh the first thing to do with that is not panic.
No. Insert long drawn out sigh here. I’m just frustrated. I don’t need a man. What I need is a drink, a break and shit…more batteries.

No comments:

Post a Comment