Friday, June 19, 2009

End of Hell Week - I did it!


Well I did it. I have been smoke free for one whole week. I feel outstanding, I can breathe, I don’t stink, my teeth are getting whiter, food is starting to taste better ….everything is better. I am so proud of me. This was one of the most difficult things I have ever done, but the feeling of accomplishment more than makes up for the rough spots during the week, the surprisingly few times I lost my cool, had a nicotine attack and got rather…unpleasant and the massive amount of food I have consumed. Amazingly I have lost 6 lbs!!! So a great big thanks to the gym is in order, I’ve been going every night after work for the past 2 weeks, about 2 hours a day and I can really see the results. Honestly I think all the time I’ve spent in the gym and the abhorrent amount of water I have consumed have helped immensely and made this past week a lot more bearable. I also want to send out a very BIG thank you to my two best friends Kate and Allison, Kate thank you for making the effort to always have your phone on you and talking me through those rough patches. I love you and don’t think I would have done it with out your support. Allison, you’re the only person in the whole world who can take me being mean to them so well. I am sorry I was a bitch…those couple of times, but thank you for forgiving me and being so understanding. I also want to thank God…yes I really did type that and I’m not being sarcastic. I prayed very very hard (yes. I do f-ing pray) and I know that he has been moving in my life in very mysterious and wondrous ways. Well now that my blog reads like an Oscar acceptance speech I should skedaddle, I just got home from the gym and I stink so a shower is in order…there’s also a box of WW cookies calling my name….
p.s. I’ll be working on a new instatement to my relationship urban legends blog hopefully this week. I’m having trouble concentrating from the nicotine withdrawal and I also have to learn how to redo some things, such as writing at my desk with out getting up every 30 mins to go smoke…the ciggs helped me think. But I’m working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment